Saturday, September 27, 2014

A masculine Birthday card to share today

Hi Bloggers and followers,

I am glad you came back to check what I have to share with you today.  This card is made in a similar way to the one I had previously shared not long ago, you can see this one here.  I had been thinking since I had made the Eifel Tower card with presents card that I wouldn't venture myself into something of the same amount of work for a while but, I was happy to start another one for a special person who has no clue it is coming at him this year.  So I am posting this today, because I know he has seen his card and loved the surprise and loved that he has gotten a special surprise this year.

Here is today's share

My husband was really enjoying the progress on making this card. Many hours went into this but I can see myself attempting to make one more.  I had company that was also enjoying the progress of this one. 

As we probably all know, making a masculine card is always somewhat of a challenge, especially when we have made many cards to the same special person we run out of easy ideas.  So this one was perfect since I had the die cut tools by Memory Box to play with and the Sprightly Sprockets by Spellbinders S5-048.  But if you have die cut tools already, use what you have ladies.  I know there are more of these items out there and you have possibly have gotten some of these already.  So use what you have,  I encourage you always use what you have on hand.  It will be just as beautiful if not much better!  Enjoy playing.

If you need more details on how to get a template for the card and for the boxes, click on the link provided for you in the first paragraph there will be a link where my Eifel Tower card is at.  Follow that and you will get to the Noor Designs website, that is where the challenge was.

The garage doors I used a Marianne Designs die cut that comes with the hardware you need for the door.  I just doubled mine up for the purpose of a garage door.  But it also comes with a mail slot too.  The info for the door die cut is LR0312 Marianne Designs.  Just check the dies they have available at your favorite online store as you will find the leaves I used and much more.

 I also used some cheese cloth that I died in a little water and a few brown re-inker (water based) drop mix.  Dried with heat tool to apply to the bottom of the card floor so it looks like a man's working area.  If you have questions please ask in the comment box I will be more than happy to answer you in the comment area as well.

I hope you enjoyed this post.  I thank you for stopping in for a visit.  More cards to come. 
 
Have a great day!  Live it like this is the last one!
Thank you for all of your comments, you are all so precious crafters to me.



6 comments:

  1. On behalf of "STEVE" ..... he is sending heartfelt thanks to you for making him such a fabulous & VERY special birthday card.
    He really does appreciate the time spent making this.
    It had a long journey to get here but we were happy to report that it arrived in England safe/intact thank goodness !
    It is already on display for all to see even though it's not his birthday till next week but I couldn't wait to see what was inside the box so I forced him into opening it early ! SO GLAD I DID !
    Please leave Nikky some comments - she has worked so hard on making this awesome card. Isn't she clever ????
    Isn't this a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Angela, it was a pleasure to make this for him. Glad you both enjoyed receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Fabulous card Nikky.....i love all the elements you have used to make this gorgeous card. Every time i look at it, i notice something else you have added. It really is an awesome card, You have definitely captured a working man's card, well done my friend........

    I know for a fact that both Steven and Angela are over the moon with this gorgeous creation......so, yes, you really are very clever........xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's what I call a work of art..you are amazing Nikky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everyone! I appreciate your wonderful comments so so much! Nicole

      Delete