Friday, November 21, 2014

Masculine card

Hi bloggers and followers,

Nice of you to visit. Thank you.  Today's card I am sharing with you is a masculine card.  I had ordered a large set of stamps by Joy Crafts, called "RETRO CARS".  A set of 13 acrylic stamps of many different Vintage cars (7) and 6 beautiful sentiments that matches the theme very well.  I am so happy I found this set since I will be able to make many more cards out of it and all of them will have their own character.

For now here is this card I made with a friend this passed week.  We enjoyed all of the stamps on the set and can see a lot of potential for future cards.

Here's today's card:

I used a plaid embossing folder, and inked up the edges with grey ink for more depth.  Then cut one piece of the largest of the set (Sue Wilson's Austrian Collection - Vienna 5 dies set.  CED2205) in black.   

 
I had prepared my stamped image by using of the ovals in the same set to layer on the center of the black cut out.  Before adding dimensional adhesive, I also inked up the outside edge of the oval.  Before ending I just added some Crystal Stickles to the center of the wheels for some additional interest.  Enough to stay very masculine and yet, elegant.

 Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed what you saw and if there are questions, feel at ease to ask, I will make sure I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
 
Have a great day!  Go ahead, be creative, it is so much fun.
Come back soon I have a Thanksgiving card to share next.
 
Hugs, Nicole



3 comments:

  1. That's a really elegant card Nikky .... the frame looks great & compliments the stamped image
    I really struggle with male cards if the recipient doesn't fall into the usual category of male themed hobbies like football, soccer,fishing, boats etc etc but most men have a car so this set is a winner .... LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Lovely card, Nikky. I do like monochrome cards for Men and your stamps for Retro cars is definitely a winner.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another card I missed. I'm not receiving your blog postings anymore....not sure what the problem is since I signed up to follow you. Anyway, love the black and white theme. I was wondering where your flowers were...then I saw "Masculine Card." lol I'm sure the man who received this beauty loved it. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete