Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Meadow Clover and Dogwood Blossoms by Memory Box card to share

Hi Friends and, followers,

Today I am sharing a card that came about by trying to make another flower with what was originally purposed as Meadow Clover and Dogwood Blossoms and turn them into looking like a field of Spring Poppies.  I hope you like it.  I will give you a description of all products I have used for this card under the first photo.  Enjoy!

Here it is:

Material used:
Memory Box/Poppystamp - Meadow Clover 1206
Memory Box/Poppystamp - Dogwood Blossoms 1436
Memory Box/Poppystamp - Masquerage Masks 1357
Marianne Designs - LR0388
Impression Obsession - Gate DIE028-J
Stickles - Diamond
Embellishments:  Dragonfly brad, key and, red nail heads, Masquerade Masks.
Background paper - found on Pinterest and printed to fit my card


 
I agree that several of my cards are using many dies out there.  Keep a creative mind when you see my cards, I often see cards that has so many dies, there is no end to them, but try and adapt your own cards with your already collected own dies to adapt to your own interpretation.  Pick a theme i.e.: Baby card.... Gather the dies and stamps you have for this specific topic and then decide what color of card you can use for the base and, expand to 2 other colors.  3 complimentary colors is key, it's always best unless you are going for a Monochromatic style card, which is also gorgeous. 
 
Decide what you definitely don't want to use on your card and eliminate gradually to keep just a very few to use.  Build your card and have a visual plan.  It will make your life much easier.  Have fun with it.
I never adhere permanently anything that will go on my card until I am sure "This is it".  When in doubt, walk away and come back to it, you will know if you like it or if there is something missing or something to omit.  When your eyes are away from your project for a few minutes, something will pop and say "Add this or Remove that" then try again.  A little goes a long way, but too much on the other hand, will distract the eyes from the real theme (look) you are after.  I hope this helps
 

 
I hope you have a great day, make it memorable!
Hugs
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Wow Nikky....you are so creative. To turn a clover die into a field of poppies! Excellent. I really love what you mentioned about "walking away from your card." I do that, and it really is amazing what you see when you come back to it. Excellent advice for card makers. Wishing you, Mark and Moki a very Happy Easter! Bunny hugs, Geri xo

    ReplyDelete