Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fantastic Balloon Fiesta on right now in Albuquerque, NM

Hi Bloggers and Followers,

I will try to be short, but no promises.  :0)

I left you last with a photo of this adorable Morkie dog without any explanations.  Some of you wrote and were able to guess that, yes, it is my new puppy.  I am getting him today, he is flying to us late in the afternoon.  As soon as I get more photos of my sweet little puppy I will show them to you.  I think I will have my camera attached to myself for quite a while.  So please bare with me when I send you the occasional photo of him growing up.  It has been a really long time coming to get my own little puppy.  I had a cat before for 11 years, but I had to have a small dog and here he is!!!!!!

For those of you who doesn't know what a Morkie breed is: "Maltese and Yorkshire" (commonly known as Yorkie)

As the title mentioned, it is the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, NM right now it ends this weekend.  But, the reason I mention this to you is that today, out of the blue sky, I was sitting here sending an email about not taking any pictures of the balloons this year as it has become so habitual to see them all over the place near Albuquerque, as we way up on the hill miles away, can see so much without having to drive in the heavy traffic to see them.  We are lucky.  I had to rephrase my saying NO PICTURES to share from the Balloon Fiesta this year, as it became certain I had some pictures to share from my house.  How awesome is that?

You know how loud burners from a Balloon can be, if not, it is very loud...especially when it is flying right on top of your house when least expected.  Yes here it was, on top of me, kids running in our street pointing at the Balloon trying to make a landing right here in front of our neighbor's house.  I was quick to launch out of my house with my camera on hand to take up close photos of the whole thing happening so unexpectedly.  Yeah 2 excitements in the same day!!!!!!!!  How cool is that?

So here are a few of the pictures I have taken and feel free to click on the photos to see them much, much larger,  I left them full size for a great visual experience.

I was so fortunate that my camera has a little battery left to take  all the pictures I took from this event.

 

 

 

 

 

The Balloon crew watching the pilot for his landing spot indication.  Then they all immediately grabbed the basket as it landed softly to the street. 

After all passengers had left the basket, the captain was preparing the balloon to go to its side and folded on a tarp, set up for this purpose.

Then the balloon was slowly deflated, falling to the ground for the crew to start bringing it in for folding
 

The crew truck and trailer was soon to come forward to get ready to load the equipment.

Almost completely deflated.  Many people were behind the balloon rolling it forward to remove the air from it.  It was fun to watch!

The crew truck is ready to carry the basket to the truck and get on with their day, so was I...... I hope you enjoyed the photos.
 
I have a few card projects started and stalled for a bit as I have been preoccupied by the buying of a new pup, preparing for it and now taking possession of him today.  But, soon I will have more cards to share.  Hang in there, please :0) so much excitement for me in one week!  It's all good!!
 
So here you go!  This was my morning excitement.  But the rest of my day gets better.  Picking up my new puppy.  Only then, can I be picking up a name that will sound right for him.  Will post more tomorrow about our new tiny family addition.
 
Have a fun day! <3
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nikky I'm sure you are going to love having the new addition to your family! He is quite adorable. Thank you also for the photos of the hot air balloon It must have been very impressive coming over your house like that. Thank you for sharing
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! A new Fur Baby!!! Love puppies, and you're getting an adorable one. We'll be waiting to find out what you name him. Nice balloon pictures. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great photos and being at the right time at the right place to capture this beautiful balloon. Vow you certainly had the birds eye view my friend, so thank you for sharing your wonderful photos with us.

    NOW we await the arrival of the little adorable puppy......good luck Nikky and hope it all goes well......xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! How awesome this would be to see in person. Thank you so much for sharing so I can experience it through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh my goodness - that was VERY close to the houses !
    When you've never seen one before so close up it's amazing how HUGE they are .... not sure if I'd be brave enough to get up there !
    Thanks for sharing the "action" photos :0) I'm sure there's also a LOT of action at your house with the new arrival LOL !

    ReplyDelete