Saturday, February 6, 2016

My handmade roses and rose buds with Poppy dies

Hi Blogger friends,

Today I am so excited to share with you this card that turned out better once done than I ever anticipated.  At least in my eyes anyway.  This card was inspired by Becca Feeken's card I really loved it and wanted to create one with a twist using my newly made roses.  Oh what fun!

So while playing with some of my die cuts to make flowers it came to mind to try and make roses with my Heartfelt Creations Poppy die set.  Success!!!!!!!!  I told a friend online I made some roses and rose buds with the Poppy die, I am sure she was laughing while saying if anyone can turn a poppy die into a rose, it will be you.  LOL  But it was true.  She was really surprised to see how pretty it was once she received her card in the mail.  The next time I make more roses with this technique with the poppy die, I will take photos to show you how I make them.  For now here is the card I really cherish and can't send out just yet.

 
There are many dies involved in this card, but every little bit of work was so worth it.

 
Poppy dies by Heartfelt Creations HCD1-764
Spellbinders Oval Regalia die set S4-492
Spellbinders Romantic Agenda S4-484
Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One S5-181
Some paper I found on Pinterest with mini roses
Cheese cotton inserted into my rose spray
Some green sprigs from stash
Satin rose ribbon (triple bow)
Sue Wilson die - Finishing touches - Orange blossom Leaves CED1447
Half pearls
Butterfly die cut


 I hope this was enjoyable and perhaps giving you some ideas for your future projects.  Be sure that if you want to share with me some of your creations I would love to see what you want to share with me.
Thank you for stopping in, and I assure you, I love comments!  Questions are always welcome.

Come back tomorrow as I am preparing another card share for you. 
Hint:  Vintage and flower spray.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant card, Nicole!! Stunning roses from a three petal poppy die??? As your friend said, only you could pull this off. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just blown away with this idea of turning the POPPY die into a rose ... jaw dropped at the finished card, so much so that you have inspired me to purchase the oval frame die, it's stunning :0) xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete