Thursday, February 11, 2016

A single rose bud on a stem card

Hi Blogger friends,

Today's share is one of my friend Linda's favorite cards.  She gets to see all of the cards I make each week.  She makes me smile when she says how she likes them, velvety words to hear for sure and I try not to let her compliments get to my head.  I cherish every word.

This card is one I had been wanting to make for a long time.  Although the main die was pricy I was waiting patiently to get it at the right price.  What made this card so special is because of the use of a Sue Wilson's embossing folder (large embossing folders).  I will let you judge on how you like it, but it was a fun and simple card to make.

Sue Wilson's - Embossing Folder EF-037 Bed of Roses (Love this one)
Spellbinders 5 X 7 Mystical Embrace S6-012
1.5 inch crushed silk ribbon (single bow)
Happy Birthday Sentiment from stash
Single stem rose made from a Poppy die by Heartfelt Creations HCD1-764
Sue Wilson's Finishing Touches - Orange Blossom Leaves CED1447
Small bow embellishment (decorative beads at craft store)
Half Pearls
Pink ink and sponge was used on the Oval where the sentiment is.  Done when the die cut was still on the paper.
5.5 X 7.5 size card


 I hope you liked it.  Thanks for visiting and for leaving comments.  I appreciate all the support.
Hugs

3 comments:

  1. This card is sheer elegance. I know you said it was easy, but it does not look easy. I just love the delicacy of the pink and white together. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikky I thought I had answered this one. Okay if not. I love your card it is just sheer opulence and so beautifully done.
    Hugs Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - only you could create a ROSE from a POPPY die !
    So talented my friend !
    ADORABLE card in my favourite colours xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete